If you’re looking for the best massage table to buy, look no further. In this article, I am going to review 6 massage tables from reputable brands that will best meet your expectations and suit your clients’ needs.
What Should I Look for When Buying a Portable Massage Table?
As a professional massage therapist, a massage table is ultimately one of the most important investments you’ll ever make in your career (other than your training).
A good portable massage table is one that checks all the boxes in regard to portability, lightweight design, high maximum weight capacity, sturdy construction and durability, comfort, and of course, fair pricing.
Speaking of portability, choosing a portable massage table offers you the possibility of providing your skills to your clients right at their homes or businesses. This offers them great convenience as they don’t have to visit your massage parlor every time they want a massage.
Portable massage tables are actually an excellent choice for freelance massage therapists.
About the maximum weight capacity, you want a table that can comfortably accommodate the weight of all your clients. In this case, a massage table with a high maximum weight capacity (eg.600 pounds) is an excellent choice.
The sturdiness and durability of the massage table is also crucial, as is the comfort.
So whether you’re a professional massage therapist ready to take your practice to the next level or an amateur looking for a basic massage table, this article lists down the most suitable selections for you.
NB: Anyone can purchase a massage table, not just the professional massage therapists. You can easily practice massage therapy right at home with your partner or have the massage therapist come to your home. Either way, you’ll need a good quality table that will best serve your needs.
Our Top 6 Massage Tables for 2021
Portable, comfortable, sturdy and durable, height adjustable, and budget-friendly, the BestMassage Store massage table has got everything you need to take your career to the next level.
In fact, for these reasons and many others, this particular model is currently among the best-selling massage tables on Amazon.
While its low price is a major reason for its popularity, this massage bed is incredibly comfortable. It features a 2-inch thick sponge that provides a soft, luxurious experience.
In addition to comfort, the table has a high maximum weight capacity of 450lbs, thanks to its sturdy construction. It is constructed with high quality beech ( a type of strong hardwood) and features reinforced hardwood corner blocks which make the table strong enough to accommodate even your heaviest clients.
A sturdy construction also means the table is super durable and will therefore serve you for a very long time.
Other notable features worth mentioning about this massage table include:
- Height adjustability feature so you can set it to the most comfortable height for you
- Lightweight construction for great portability
- Foldable carrying case for hassle-free storage and easy transportation
- Dense padding for an exceptional massage experience
- Extra soft and skin-friendly PVC leather for luxurious comfort. It’s also easy to maintain and durable
- Adjustable headrest that comfortably cradles your client’s face and neck for a comfortable massage experience
- Easy to assemble and fold
- Comes with a carry bag for convenient transportation
- Weighs 29lbs
Overall, the BestMassage Massage Table is a budget-friendly option that possesses all the features of a high-end table. With proper care and maintenance, it should last for a very long time.
A little warmth can really go a long way in providing a soothing and relaxing massage experience for your clients.
The Master Massage Santana Therma Massage Table happens to be one of the few massage tables that actually offers heat therapy.
It features a built-in EMR safe warming system with up to 10 adaptable warmth settings that spread soothing warmth throughout the entire surface of the table.
For clients with back pain, excessive fatigue and tension, this table will provide them with a life-saving massage experience.
More soothing comfort is provided by the table’s thick multi-layer foam cushioning which also provides excellent support. The foam conforms to the shape of your client’s body for maximum comfort and support.
Another important feature is its massive weight capacity. The Master Massage comes with aircraft grade steel support cables that make this table incredibly strong and sturdy enough to accommodate a whopping 1500lbs static weight support and 650lbs working weight support.
So if you’re looking for the best high weight capacity massage bed, this is a suitable choice.
Despite its high weight capacity, this massage table is portable as it only weighs 37lbs which is pretty lightweight.
It’s foldable too and comes with a carry case.
It doesn’t come cheap though. The heat therapy system comes at a hefty cost. However, if money is no object, then you should definitely consider the Master Massage Therma Portable Massage Table. It has got everything a perfect massage table is supposed to have.
If you’re just getting started in the massage therapy business or just want a table for home use, the Sierra Comfort Portable Massage Table is a budget-friendly option.
Its currently one of the best-selling massage tables on Amazon with features like:
- High weight capacity (its working weight capacity is 400 lbs). This makes it a great portable massage tables for heavy people
- Adequate table surface measuring 73” x 28”, Height (Adjustable): 25.5” x 33.5”, thus allowing it to accommodate people of all sizes
- High density foam for luxurious comfort and support
- High quality beech hardwood frame for superior sturdiness and durability.
- Double support wires and threaded support bar which provides exceptional stability to the massage table
With its height adjustable feature (includes up to 9 points of adjustments), this table is suitable for massage therapists of all heights.
The table also includes a lightweight adjustable face cradle, face cushion, and is constructed with waterproof and oil resistant PU leather.
- Built to last- the frame is constructed with the highest quality beech hardwood for superior sturdiness, stability, and durability
- Foldable design for ease of storage and portability
- Lightweight design (the table weighs 31lbs) so its easy to carry around
- Includes all the necessary accessories such as an adjustable face cradle, fitted bottom sheet, face cushion, and a face cushion sheet
- Few complaints about the head rest being too high
Overall, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly massage table that delivers a similar massage experience provided by more expensive models, the Sierra is an excellent choice. Despite the few drawbacks, it’s still one of the best massage tables out there.
A big majority of the massage tables in the market right now are portable. Very few are stationary.
Their lightweight and foldable carrying case design makes them easy to move wherever your clients are.
The BestMassage Store Massage Table Spa Bed is one such table.
Weighing just 28 lbs, this table is a few pounds lighter than a majority of the competitors. Thus, if you’re looking for the best lightweight massage chair, the BestMassage Store Massage Table is an excellent choice.
The table is constructed with strong and sturdy materials for great stability and high weight capacity support. Its working weight capacity is 450lbs, making it ideal for big and heavy people.
The thick foam padding ensures a comfortable massage experience for your clients while the height adjustability feature lets you set it at a height that best suits your needs.
The BestMassage Store Massage Table is also:
- Easy and hassle-free to assemble- does not require any tools to assemble or fold it
- Built to last
It also comes in a variety of colors including black, brown, burgundy, cream, and pink.
- Boasts of a lightweight design for great portability
- Folds for easy storage and transportation
- Built with high-quality materials for stability, sturdiness, and durability
- High maximum working weight capacity- perfect massage table for big and heavy individuals
- Hassle-free assembly
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Although 73 inches is a perfect length for tall individuals, this massage table may not accommodate extremely tall clients. I find the Master Massage Santana Therma Portable Massage Table a better option for really tall people as its 84 inches in length
- Few complaints about it being a little bit narrow
If you happen to offer other spa treatments such as facials, eyelash extensions, microblading, and others, it would be more convenient to choose a versatile massage table like the Coofel Catwalk Massage/Tattoo/Salon Chair and Bed.
With its adjustable back, this massage table can be reclined in any position.
It can either be transformed into a massage table by reclining it into a flat position or slightly reclined to act as a tattoo or spa chair.
The unit is actually an excellent choice if you have limited space in your massage parlour or salon since you won’t need to add more furniture in the already cramped up space.
The massage table is super sturdy and will easily support up to 500lbs. Also included is a spa stool with a maximum weight capacity of 250lbs.
I cannot also forget to mention its high density foam and an ergonomic design that guarantees your clients superb massage experiences.
And with its easy to clean and waterproof PVC leather surface, the Coofel Massage Table is certainly a worthy investment.
- Multipurpose- can be used for various spa applications
- Great value for money- you don’t need to purchase extra equipment for your spa services, thus saving you a great deal of money in the long run
- Sturdy construction for great stability, support, and durability
- High working weight capacity- perfect for big and heavy individuals
- Folds for easy and hassle-free storage as well as transportation
- Comfortable and supportive thanks to its dense memory foam that conforms to your client’s body for maximum relief and relaxation
- A little bit more expensive compared to some of the most popular models
- The table is almost 2 times heavier than most models. It weighs 66lbs while most tables weigh between 28lbs-31lbs. Although its classified as portable, it might be a little bit harder to carry around
Portable massage tables are great because they offer massage therapists the flexibility of delivering their services to their clients at the comfort of their homes or businesses.
If your massage services are strictly confined into a massage parlor, a stationary table is a much suitable choice for these reasons:
- Stationary massage tables tend to be a lot more sturdy and durable compared to their portable counterparts. They are not designed to fold nor are they lightweight. These two features are only required in portable tables. Thus, stationary massage tables are built to be more sturdy, stable, and durable.
- Because of their sturdy construction which gives them superior stability, stationary massage tables tend to support clients of all sizes- even the heaviest ones. Some of these tables have a working weight capacity of a whopping 1000 lbs
One of the best stationary massage tables in the market right now is the Master Massage 31” Spamaster Sweries LX Stationary Massage Table.
The table is quite long and really wide (its dimensions are 31 inch width x 84 inch length x 24 inch to 34 inch adjustable height) and will thus comfortably accommodate clients of all sizes.
With its adjustable height (from 24-inches-34-inches), you can select the height that feels most comfortable while working on your clients.
To ensure maximum stability, the Master Massage 31” Spamaster Stationary Massage Table features a Duo-Plane hinge which helps securely hold the massage tabletop brace in place for maximum stability and durability of the frame.
Another feature that makes this stationary massage table a great option is the Pneumatic lift system on each end which elevates the client to the most comfortable position. Thus, you’ll never again have to struggle to position your clients again as it is with portable tables.
To ensure your clients remain comfortable and properly supported throughout the massage sessions, this table also features a 3.5 inches thick cushion consisting of multi-layer memory foam.
Other features worth mentioning include:
- A detachable self-adjusting side arm rests
- A contoured arm rest shelf
- A leg comfort bolster
- A face cradle with a matching pillow
Although expensive compared to portable massage tables, the Master Massage Stationary Massage Table is totally worth it. With its sturdiness, durability and exceptional comfort, this is a massage table that is worth every buck you’ll spend.
- Sturdy and durable
- Excellent stability
- Easy to adjust height
- Hassle-free client positioning thanks to the pneumatic lift system
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Can comfortably accommodate even the heaviest clients
- Includes a storage shelf at the bottom
- Positive reviews from customers
- Backed by a 5-year warranty
- It’s extremely expensive, almost 3 times the price of regular portable massage tables
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) when purchasing a massage table
How Do I Choose a Massage Table?
Some of the most important things to consider when choosing a massage table include:
- Maximum weight capacity
- Table height, width, and length
- Table weight
- Height adjustability
- Foam thickness
- Foam and surface cover quality
2. How Much Does a Massage Table Cost?
The price depends on the brand and type of table. Portable massage tables are more affordable compared to stationary massage tables.
Likewise, massage tables with extra features like heat therapy cost more.
Typically, the price of massage tables range from $60 all the way to $1000 and above.
Choose a table that best suits your budget. You can get a quality table within the $100-$400 price range.
3. How Much Do Massage Tables Weigh?
Typically, the weight of portable massage tables ranges from 28lbs-31lbs. Stationary tables can weigh as much as 80lbs and above.
Portable massage tables are more lightweight and portable compared to stationary tables.
4. Is there a Weight Limit for Getting a Massage?
Most massage tables are strong and sturdy to accommodate even the heaviest clients. Most have a maximum weight capacity of up to 500lbs upwards.
Stationary massage tables can have a weight limit of up to 1000lbs and above.
So regardless of your weight, you should be able to get a good massage.
5. What is the Lightest Massage Table?
The lightest massage table in our list of the 6 best massage tables is the BestMassage Store Massage Table Spa Bed. It weighs just 28lbs, making it one of the best portable massage chairs.
Back massage techniques
Thomas is the resident tech expert and brains behind 24k World Tec. For a hobby, he loves amateur photography and flying his drone to capture some amazing sights. As an owner of both a Mac and PC, Thomas tries to keep up to date with tech news and give his readers information on the best products available.